The position will be property-based at this beautiful luxury Miami hotel on South Beach.
· The Director of Purchasing is responsible for directing the Purchasing department; overseeing procurement of all materials, services, and equipment required for successful resort operation; and obtaining competitive bids on all goods and services submitted on approved purchase requisitions.
· Supervise/work with All purchasing Team Members to ensure that all incoming merchandise is dated, priced, and rotated in all circumstances.
· Oversee the bidding and sourcing of products and services( source vendors for non-food items and services)
· Assist with the Preferred Vendor process: Vendors should be vetted by Purchasing for viability based on criteria such as cost, selection, quality, reliability, financial stability, customer references, and reputation.
· Extend all requisitions daily and update the computerized inventory system.
· Review requisitions and POs, obtain quotations, negotiate prices, examine bids, and award contracts.
· Create Po’s, cost negotiation, and bid analysis on specifications and budget cost.
· A minimum of three to five years of experience in luxury hotel purchasing
· Strong negotiation abilities and general knowledge of accounting principles.
· Ability to motivate and lead a team of professionals.
· Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills to work with cross-functional teams.
If interested in this great opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org